Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Morning

It started out good. The kids woke up happy and had a nice breakfast. I had a bite to eat with them but was still a little hungry so I made a little something more. I kids are playing in the kitchen happily, until the minute my butt hits the chair and I take my first bite. Axel immediately wants to be in my lap whining that something hurts. Then Addy slips in the kitchen and bumps her head screaming at the top of her lungs like she just might die. I set Axel down and go check Addy out. This is when of course Axel has an imaginary owie happen to him. Mommy owie, mommy owie being screamed at the top of his lungs. So I now have them both on my lap while trying to eat my breakfast. Neither of them are very happy about this because they both wanted my full attention.
Done eating kids have calmed down and I need some coffee! My first attempt somehow ended with all the coffee grounds in my cup of coffee so I start all over. Ahhh finally a cup of coffee...I grab it to go sit up stairs with the kids and the cup hits something and coffee goes everywhere. I spend the next 10 min cleaning that up then gulp whats left in the bottom of the cup and rush off to go see what disaster the kids have made while unsupervised. The fun never ends.
Let me just ask you...where in the world does this third child fit in?!?

8 comments:

The Papendorfs said...

oh man, we all have those days. sometimes more often then not :) let me tell you though, i have 5 kids 3 and under most days and somehow stuff still gets done. not everyday, but they will eventually nap or quiet down and entertain eachother so you can do it. :) the third child will probably be so content watching the entertainment from his/her excersaucer!

Shannon said...

yep, that 3rd child just learns to blend in and take in all the entertainment! you'll be GREAT. exhausted...but great =) if it's any reassurance, we're contemplating #4.

Jacinda said...

Wow Kara how do you do it..it's encouraging to know that we're not alone.
Ha ha Shannon..exhausting is right. I can't wait for the great news!:)

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

I've been wondering the exact same thing as we await our 3rd! I think my boys are similar ages to your kiddos, so I feel your pain! Hopefully it's like Shannon said...I've heard that once you have 2, then it's just the more the merrier! :)

Jess said...

All you woman amaze me! Especially you JC! I know you can do it!

Jess said...

Jacinda, if you ever have a bit of time and you want a good laugh check out this blog... http://mamacaschronicles.blogspot.com/

This is a friend of Bruce's and a mother of four. Her stories are hilarious! I promise you will fall off your chair laughing.

Shannon said...

i said CONTEMPLATING! and on a day like today i'd gladly sell one of my three. okay, not really. but, ya know.

Heather S said...

We have 4 kids (in just under 4 years). #3 will fit right in the mix. It's like anything.. it'll be a change, but you'll eventually get used to it and have a new schedule.